As promised, here are more free high-resolution textures for everyone. These are mixture of different types of hard surfaces like marbles, glass, hard crystallines, limestones, etc.
Before that, let me share with you a few simple tricks on how to create a marble surface in Photoshop. This is very easy and most intermediate Photoshop users know how to do this. Just in case you still don’t know, here are six easy steps in creating a simple marble texture in Photoshop.
1. Create a new file in Photoshop and make your foreground and background colors black and white.
2. Filter > Render > Clouds
3. Filter > Render > Different Clouds. Repeat the process until you get the right blend of marble texture that you like.
4. Image > Adjustments > Equalize. To add some contrast.
5. Image > Adjustments > Shadow/Highlight. To further define the texture (Shadows Amount: 100 %, Highlights Amount: 50%).
6. Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation. Enable “colorize”. Adjust hue, saturation and lightness to your color preference. I use the following values for the final marble image below; Hue=40, Saturation=40, Lightness=30.
There you go. Our very own marble texture from Photoshop. You can try different values and cloud treatment to create your own marble texture using the basic trick of cloud and cloud difference filters.
Now here are our 19 free mixed hard surface textures that you can download and instantly use for your designs. Enjoy.
19 Hard Surfaces Texture Pack – 72.7MB