Free Exclusive Adobe InDesign Magazine Template v.1

More requests for free InDesign templates, particularly magazine templates are coming in lately, so I decided to share one today. This magazine layout looks more generic, suitably because it’s a template. Although magazine layouts have their own basic rules, it is most of the time effective when appropriately and creatively done out of the box or when you break some rules to make it more interesting. Good magazine layouts are not just good layout designs, every design element contributes their own unique part in making a design an aesthetic success.

This particular template should work with most general purpose magazines and can also be easily adjusted and tinkered for other types of magazine layouts. This template consists of 12 8.5 inches by 11 inches (letter) full-colored pages. Packaged rar file consists of the InDesign CS4 indd file, INX (interchange) file, fonts and link images. Download from the link provided below and enjoy.

Front cover

Spread 1 (pages 2 & 3)

Spread 2 (pages 4 & 5)

Spread 3 (pages 6 & 7)

Spread 4 (pages 8 & 9)

Spread 5 (pages 10 & 11)

Back cover

Download link:
Free Exclusive Adobe InDesign Magazine Template – 55.67MB

Alternate/Mirror link:
Free Exclusive Adobe InDesign Magazine Template – 55.67MB

85 comments

1. Harri Tloskov 1 August, 2010 at 00:29

I love this template and am learning a lot about the InDesign from it. Could you inform me how to remove the text that reads “FOR MORE GRAPHIC DESIGN FREEBIES: VISIT http://WWW.DESIGNFREEBIES.ORG” that is on the side of every page? I have looked through all the menus and can not find it. Thank you.

2. Graphire 1 August, 2010 at 13:32

Hi Harri. Thanks for compliment. You can remove or edit that text from the master pages. There are 2 master pages, A-4 column and B-3 column. You can access these master pages from the “PAGES PALETTE” (from main menu, Window > Pages). HTH. πŸ™‚

3. Edmundo Corsa 7 October, 2010 at 04:08

A person cannot dismiss the benefits regarding on page optimization. Part of this is also improving your website to load speedily. The quickness of your website is now given a lot more weight by bing. Get that website optimized for speed!

4. fun88 10 October, 2010 at 16:06

I am not really sure if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your great job is clearly identified. I was wondering if you offer any subscription to your RSS feeds as I would be very interested and can?t find any link to subscribe here.

5. Vallery 20 October, 2010 at 21:57

By the way – I have a question.
    How to make those picture placeholders? So that when you move the picture around, text moves along, too. I have trouble with that.

6. ngurah 25 October, 2010 at 12:53

I’m using adobe indesign cs. i can’t open this file due to difference version (yours is cs4). what do i have to do?

7. Jay 28 November, 2010 at 06:32

Hey Graphire, or whomever,

If I wanted to print this out after I edited my content in, how would I go about doing that? What file format should I save it in if I need to go to a printing shop to print?

Thanks

8. Graphire 28 November, 2010 at 15:14

Hi Jay. You may export your InDesign file to Adobe Acrobat pdf if you are going to have it printed outside. Make sure all images are in CMYK. You may also want to “Package” (File > Package) all files and save them together with your final PDF file to make sure you’re giving your printer everything they need.

9. Alex 7 December, 2010 at 12:07

I have indesign 3.01 but can not open the files ?

tells me to upgrade my plug-ins or upgrade to latest version of adobe indesign.

Have checked for latest updates.

What else could I do?

10. Jassi 20 April, 2011 at 06:48

I’m using Indesign CS5. When I open the file in InDesign it says that it can’t find all the fonts and when it replaces the fonts it looks really ugly. Any solution?

11. Furnica 25 April, 2011 at 01:13

Hi Graphire, great work, thank you for sharing!

I wonder how can I do to change the page size from Letter to A4 (with a 3 mm bleed, however this is not a must)?

I tried to do that from the Document Setup menu option and also from the master page re-size button, but the lateral text boxes get very thin and the cover gets distorted too. Moreover, things get only worse when trying to fix them – either by dragging to re-size or by entering specific X, Y, height and width.

I’d be grateful if you could just give me a hint on how to recalculate the right dimensions and positions.

12. Graphire 25 April, 2011 at 13:38

Hi Furnica. Adjusting to A4 will surely make the narrow column text narrower. There’s no easy way to adjust everything to fit to new document page size but to adjust everything manually. I suggest you compensate with the margin and column gutter sizes if you want to stay close to the current text column width as much as possible. As with the 3mm bleed, you will just have to indicate this once you’re done and ready to generate your printer ready pages.

13. Furnica 25 April, 2011 at 18:14

Hi Graphire, thank you very much for your prompt answer, and above all: thank you for sharing with us, beginners, your work and your time.

14. Carmina 27 April, 2011 at 15:29

hi!i find difficulties how to create brochure in office publisher…….especially background

15. Graphire 27 April, 2011 at 17:16

Hi Carmina. Sorry I don’t use Publisher for layout. I imagine it like using MS Word for layout. You may want to try Adobe InDesign if you really want to design professional looking brochures.

16. Dave 9 July, 2011 at 20:52

I’m using this template to learn InDesign. One thing I haven’t figured out yet, is how do I alter/remove the postage permit? It doesn’t seem to be accessible.

Thanks!

17. Billie663 1 August, 2011 at 00:23

The down load link will not open for me. I spent hours trying to get this thing to work.
    “because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged.”

18. Graphire 1 August, 2011 at 10:04

Hi Billie. The mediafire download link is working fine. I downloaded the file a while ago, unzipped it and everything works fine. I re-uploaded a new file and updated the link for the 4shared alternate link. Please check again. Thanks.

19. Kris 5 August, 2011 at 02:10

Hello Graphire,
    A beautiful template. My magazine was hacked -to death- in April and I lost most of our 5 years of content, managed to get some of it back but it looks like a regular old blog, I made a few header changes but after having a ‘magazine’ for 5 years, I need to find a better template, but something that I can understand as well.

If this is available for websites, is the learning curve going to hold me up? I’m on WordPress now.
    Many thanks,
    Kris

20. Graphire 5 August, 2011 at 09:34

Hi Kris. Sorry to hear about your blog getting hacked. There are a lot of free WordPress templates around particularly magazine type themes. You can browse some of our featured free WordPress themes here, http://www.designfreebies.org/category/web-design/wordpress-web-design/. You can also opt for paid or premium themes if you want to have support as well in case you get into trouble installing your theme. WordPress is very easy to manage and install themes. Sometimes you just have to tweak a little to iron out a few glitches. But overall, WordPress is pretty much straightforward, You just have to keep your WordPress version updated to address and fix some security issues and avoid your blog getting breached again.
    Best,
    Graphire

21. Misty Wesa Noeller 26 August, 2011 at 18:47

Hi!

I am working towards publishing my own magazine here in my area and just wanted to say thanks for the information and the free link. It is greatly appreciated and hopefully will be just what I need for my design template.

Thanks,

Misty πŸ™‚

22. Jonas 30 August, 2011 at 21:41

I’m working on magazine for an assignment with a fast approaching deadline. These templates are just what I needed! Awesome!

Thanks from a grateful student πŸ˜‰

23. michael j 12 October, 2011 at 05:46

Hi great magazine, I am having problems when i export the ile as a swf file in that it keeps looping on preview. How on earth can i stop this. I really need to get this sorted. Thanks Michael…

24. Denise 23 November, 2011 at 10:33

Seem to be having issues with downloading…it keeps saying corrupted.. Can you assit me..the layout is just what I am looking for. Trying to upgrade the magazine I produce monthly…

Post a new comment